Staff of CASA along with a team of volunteers offers Free Income Tax Preparation for low-income individuals and families. This program is only available during the first quarter of the year (tax season). For information about the requirements and eligibility, please call CASA’s main office. If you would like to be one of the volunteers for this program and receive free tax training from the IRS, please fill out this form: Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program Training and Tax Preparation at CASA 2018
CASA’s hours of operation for Income Tax in 2019 are Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and every Saturday of February. We will be offering this service starting Monday, February 5th.
* MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS: Starting Monday, February 4th, 2019 and ending Monday, April 15th, 2019. The Schedule is from 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm We will be closed on February 18th, 2019 in observance of President’s Day.
* SATURDAYS IN FEBRUARY: We will be open Saturdays February 9th, 16th and the 23rd from 9 am to 12 pm. (three Saturdays)
* SATURDAYS IN MARCH: We will be open the 9th and the 23rd of March from 9 am to 12 pm.
* SATURDAYS IN APRIL: We will be open only April 6th, and April 13th, 2019 from 9 am to 12 pm
CASA assisted over 350 customers to declare their 2017 Income Tax Returns receiving over $300.000 in total refunds. Between all the Prosperity Centers of the IRS, CASA has one of the lowest rejection rates.
Picture of our volunteers in 2016 for this free service of tax preparation
Contact Information for Taxpayers
|IRS Refund Hotline||1-800-829-1954|
|Where is my refund website||www.irs.gov|
|IRS Forms and Publications||1-800-829-3676|
|IRS Taxpayer Advocate||1-877-777-4778|
|IRS Tax-Help for Deaf (TDD)||1-800-829-4059|
|Social Security Administration||1-800-772-1213|
For free tax preparation, please bring:
1. W-2 and 1099 forms you received from your employer.
2. Information on any other income received.
3. Information about deductions or credits you wish to claim.
4. A copy of last year’s tax return.
5. Your Social Security card and those of your spouse and/or dependents.
6. Photo identification of yourself, your spouse, and all adults appearing on the return.
7. A voided check if you want your refund in your bank account.
If you couldn’t submit your income tax during tax season (from January 30th to April 15th of each year), you can reach the following organizations which offer this service free of charge for low-income individuals or families:
CATALYST MIAMI (FORMER HUMAN SERVICE COALITION)
1900 Biscayne Blvd. #200
Miami, FL 33029
Call for an appointment to 305.576.5001
Monday – Friday: 9AM – 5PM
11500 NW 12th Ave.
Miami, FL 33168
Call for a tax preparation appointment – (305) 442-8306 Ext. 2008