CASA is aware of the importance of educating the immigrant community in the most important aspects of your financial life in the United States. These educational workshops are unique spaces designed just for you because they are not only in Spanish but they are short, substantial and free. All of our instructors have expertise in their field and are certified.
The vast majority of these seminars are held on Saturdays in the morning; however, some of them also on Wednesdays 10 a.m. to 12 a.m. CASA has a very active calendar of events and seminars covering various interesting topics chords with the needs of the immigrant community in Florida.
It is important that the immigrant community is now more financially educated as you should never make informed decisions and well planned regarding their financial future. A brief description of some of the seminars that CASA performs is down below:
- Turn your export business into a reality
In this specialized 2 hour seminar it is explained what exportation is and what the considerations to take into account to start a business in this industry; as well as the necessary licenses and permits. The various forms of export and the issue of taxes and tariffs is also explained; as payment methods and financing.
- Creation of a Company
The organization CASA invites this free educational seminar to clarify your questions about how to start your business and handle the issue of tax on your business. Some important considerations to be discussed at this event are:
- Choosing the type of entity (sole proprietorship, limited liability company (LLC), collective society, corporation and S Corporation)
- Election of the fiscal year (insurance, permits, and licenses, accounting method, home office including the new insurance option port, etc.)
- Inventory, Advertising, Business Fixed assets
- Transportation costs, business gifts, estimated taxes
- Payments to other companies, hiring employees
- Net operating losses, retirement planning and recruitment of children.
- Homeownership Seminars
The organization CASA in partnership withClearPoint Financial Solutions and the Financial Excellence Hispanic Center organized this workshop 8 hours HUD-approved (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) to make your dream of home ownership come true. We deliver an Attendance Certificate which is obligatory if you think you qualify for financial assistance.
Agenda of the workshops:
- Money Management and importance of having good credit
- The different steps in the home buying process
- Tax advantages of owning your own home
- Functions of your real estate agent “realtor” a “home inspector” and unfair practices and / or discrimination
- Insurances to protect your investment (mandatory and optional), support for “Down Payment” and the process of closure.
- Payment of Debt
CASA and the Center for Financial Excellence of the nonprofit organization ClearPoint invite you to participate in these free seminars. Regardless of the source of your problem and although the situation may seem overwhelming, there are often solutions that will help improve your financial situation.
Specific topics discussed in this educational seminar:
- Getting constant calls from creditors? Worried about losing your home or your car?
- What choices are available in time to face unmanageable debt?
- Which of these options really can help? Where should you start?
- Income Tax Workshops
Filing your taxes is a serious task that requires total commitment. Do not be fooled by unscrupulous individuals because you must remember that the responsibility is yours alone. With this training, you can file your own taxes or at least know what type of information you are submitting to the IRS.
These are some of the topics covered in these workshops:
- General information
- Understanding your marital status, dependents, deductions, reimbursement, etc.
- Types of income
- Balance due to the IRS
- Your Credit in the United States
Specific topics to be discussed at this seminar are:
- How to build a good credit in this country
- Different factors are to have excellent credit
- How to handle credit cards, how many you should have, how to understand their interests and penalties and how to communicate with the financial companies that issue them.
- What to do to repair credit problems and how to communicate with different credit bureaus to correct or repair errors
- How and how often to review your credit report and what strategies you have to protect yourself against credit fraud or identity theft.